Mythos Town
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lend Me A Hand (Even If It Be Clawed) [Rosy+Al]

2 posters

Go down

Lend Me A Hand (Even If It Be Clawed) [Rosy+Al] Empty Lend Me A Hand (Even If It Be Clawed) [Rosy+Al]

Post  Roisin Gallagher Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:16 pm

When you had lived as long as Roisin had, and seen as much as she had seen, you bound to learn a few things. One of the clearest with age was that hindsight was indeed twenty-twenty. Another was that some creatures did better with less alcohol in their systems than others.

So as she looked at the wreckage that used to be the Dark Rose Pub, she thought that this may be one of those moments. She should have never let the Dwarves start a drinking contest with the Elves.

The front windows were both shattered, several tables and chairs resembled firewood, one of her paintings was torn, the door had been lost somewhere, and she had no clue how they managed to get the sign to hang crooked. It was only by luck and some quick Sidhe illusionary diversion magic that the bar managed to stay intact.

Still Roisin wasn't too concerned. After all, she had a handy man coming and he was highly recommended. So she sat serenely in one of the only whole chairs in the middle of her semi-demolished bar and waited.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

https://mythos-town.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lend Me A Hand (Even If It Be Clawed) [Rosy+Al] Empty Re: Lend Me A Hand (Even If It Be Clawed) [Rosy+Al]

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Whistling an ( off-key ) tune, Alfred made his way through town, looking for the building in which he would be working today. He was actually really excited, as he hadn't had any work recently. That, and the last guy had forgotten to pay him, so he was currently running low on money.... But it wasn't the pay that mattered so much to him anyway. He was just happy to help.

The place wasn't hard to find, and he soon found himself standing in front of the Dark Rose Pub. Just from the outside, he could see that he had plenty of work to do. He glanced down at his tool bag, hoping he had everything he would need. He was pretty sure he could manage with what he did have, and if not, then he would just have to run back home. It wasn't a big deal.

Seeing as there was no door currently, Alfred let himself inside. He knocked on the wall as he stepped in just to alert anyone of his presence. "Hello! I'm here to fix the place!" He said, spotting someone he assumed was the owner.

Inside, he took a look around just to see what the real damage was. He was kind of curious to know what exactly happened for all of this damage to be done. Maybe he could get the story out of the owner. After all, it looked like he'd be there a while.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Lend Me A Hand (Even If It Be Clawed) [Rosy+Al] Empty Re: Lend Me A Hand (Even If It Be Clawed) [Rosy+Al]

Post  Roisin Gallagher Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:04 pm

"Hullo," Rosy greeted warmly. The handyman was certainly unique, but he had friendly eyes. She stood and walked over to the young man, extending a hand to him. "I am Roisin Gallagher," she said, "You are the handyman I take it?"

She glanced over the rubble she had just crossed. "Good. I feel like opening back up soon." Not that 'soon' had a definite meaning to her, but she did want to open back sometime. Whenever that was...
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:34 pm

"Nice to meetya, miss Gallagher!" he said, hoping that he got the pronunciation right. Even after hearing it, he was fairly sure he'd be able to mess it up. He reached to shake her hand, hesitating just before making contact. Carefully, he took her hand, making sure that his claws wouldn't hurt her. "That's right! Alfred F. Jones, at your service."

Alfred gave her a nod, taking yet another look around. "Well, I'll try to get it all fixed as fast as I can. Hopefully you won't be closed for too long." He didn't wasn't actually sure how long it would take him to finish it all, considering there was so much. Maybe by the time he got started, he'd be able to estimate the amount of time it would take. However, there was a matter of where to start.

Walking over to the windows, he examined them carefully sighing as he realised that he'd need more supplies after all. He probably should have guessed that by looking from the outside, but then, he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Oh well, he'd work on fixing what he could for now.

"So, uh, mind tellin' me what happened here to make it look like... this?" he said, gesturing to the rubble. Looking through the pieces of wood that once made up the chairs and tables, he wondered if it was worth it to try and fix them, or tell her that she'd need to get some new furniture. "Oh, and, do you have any idea where the door might be?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Gallagher Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Roisin shook his hand without any hesitation. The tips of his claws were light on her skin, a reminder of their potential but also of the Devil's control. She smiled warmly at him, deciding quickly that she liked him.

"I would appreciate that," She said, "You will let me know if there's anyway I can help, won't you?" She did prefer to be useful. She trailed after him silently as he walked around the room, inspecting the damage.

"A drinking contest," she replied from right behind him. "I'm not sure, but I'm positive it'll turn up sooner or later." She tilted her head to the side as she watched him work. "Can I offer you something to drink?"
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfred F. Jones Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm

He worried as he shook her hand, afraid that his claws would pierce her skin despite how careful he was trying to be. She didn't appear to be hurt at all, though, which relieved Alfred greatly. What kind of first impression would it be if he stabbed her right away? Even if it was an accident.

"Uh, yeah, I'll tell you if there's anything you can do." He wasn't sure what he could have her do, but the possibility could arise in the future. He wasn't going to turn down a little extra help if it was offered to him.

Alfred was fairly sure that he could save some of the broken furniture. He was starting work on putting one of the tables back together wondering how in the world the table managed to be broken in half. Laughing a bit, he glanced at Roisin and said, "Must have been one crazy drinking contest." Were there people who could actually be drunk enough to destroy the whole place? Well, he supposed it was true considering he was sitting in the evidence.

"A drink? Um... can I just get some water?" One of those things that Alfred could never get used to in Mythos was the drinks. Oh, how he really loved soda. It was colorful, flavorful, sugary, and delicious. However, it was his body that was completely unused to it. It tended to make him overly hyper, a side effect of all the sugar, he guessed. To avoid that, he mostly drank water. Of course, he did treat himself to a soda every once in a while.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Gallagher Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:19 pm

A smirk graced her lips. "Most of the drinking contests around here are," Roisin said, obviously not as concerned about the possible destruction as a usual store owner would be. It wasn't anything she hadn't seen before. Sometimes the hungover antics of her customers the next day even made it worth it, if their drunken antics didn't.

"Certainly," she said as she walked over to the intact bar. She retrieved a decanter of water from behind it and poured some into a glass. Roisin always kept some cool, clear water on hand for her guests. She took the glass back over to the handyman. "Here you are."
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfred F. Jones Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 pm

"Really? That actually sounds entertaining. I should hang out at bars more." Alfred said with a laugh. He didn't like alcohol very much, but people watching could be fun. So long as no one tried to involve him in the fight. Although he would possibly intervene just to avoid too much furniture from being broken. After all, he'd probably be the one fixing that up afterward.

He glanced at Roisin as she walked to the bar before focusing on the table he was working on. Would he be able to get this table back in one piece? At the moment, he was having a hard time just getting the table-top back together. Somehow he thought re-attaching the legs would be easier, but it would be useless to put them back on if he couldn't fix the rest of the table. He had to try, at least.

Alfred was distracted by the glass of water that was handed to him, blinking as he forgot for a moment that he asked for it. "Oh, thanks!" Taking the glass, he took a sip before placing the glass down nearby. "So, um, honestly I'm not sure that I'm gonna be able to fix the tables and stuff. I hope that's not a problem...?"
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Gallagher Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:09 pm

"It's never a dull moment!" Roisin assured him. "Why, there was this one time a few centuries ago when a centaur was one of my regulars. Well, he came in and had all of his brothers with. Every single one of them could drink like a horse! By the end of the night everyone was having centaur races," she tilted her head to one side in thought, "I've still never figured out how they convinced me to be one of the jockeys."

There were so many memories in this place. Sometimes they all seemed to run together and pull themselves away from the rest of Mythos, as if her pub had become it's own little realm. She really hoped it hadn't.

Roisin nodded in understanding. "That's alright, none of them are original," she said, "I've had to replace furniture in this place a dozen times over." She looked down at the shattered remains of the table by her bare feet. "I like to try and keep things for as long as I can, but things pass and change and if they didn't everything would stagnate," the Sidhe said, the meaning of that sentence encompassing so much more than just furniture.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alfred F. Jones Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Alfred couldn't help but laugh at Roisin's story. "Seriously? That sounds awesome. I wish I could have been there to see that! I bet you made a pretty good jockey- did ya win?" he asked, genuinely curious. It was hearing things like this that made Alfred wish he had started socializing a lot earlier. He missed out on so much fun! Oh well, maybe there would be a chance for him to see some awesome events too.

"I feel bad. I really wish I could fix 'em for ya, but... they're pretty far gone." Alfred sighed, giving up on trying to get the table back together. It wasn't very heroic if he couldn't save her furniture, but it was pretty much impossible. Still, he was disappointed in himself. It just meant he had to work harder to fix the other broken things in the bar!

Standing up and taking his glass of water with him, he took a good look at the rubble once more too see if he could catch a glimpse of that door somewhere. In a corner, under the pieces of either a chair or a table, Alfred thought he saw something a little out of the ordinary. Walking over, carefully stepping around the mess, he determined that it was a doorknob he was seeing. "Aha! I found the door!" he said, bending to move the debris off of it and pick it up. He was sure he'd have no trouble putting this back up.
Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down