Mythos Town
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laws of Mythos Town

Go down

The Laws of Mythos Town Empty The Laws of Mythos Town

Post  Roisin Gallagher Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Main Rules

by Ivan R. Volkov edited by Roisin Gallagher

It is imperative that all of the following be followed. This is the main gist of the rules of the board. Full policies can be read farther down in the thread. It is important that you read them as the full policies contain very specific information.

- This is an AU and a fantasy environment.

- DO register an account when posting an application. You can post your application as a guest, but guests cannot edit their apps and it gets to be all sorts of messy.

- This board allows both OCs and Genderbends. Just make sure you remember to request them so they can be reserved.

- It is preferred that, if you play here, that you are of legal age in your country. However, the [M] and [G] tag system is used as a precaution just in case. For language and violence, absolute minimum age of players is 16.

- Stay IC at all times unless in an OoC board. If you wish to comment OoCly in an IC post, please indicate somehow with parenthesis or brackets. No rude behavior OoCly!

- This is intended to be a literate board, and while there is no specific minimum word count, please try to make posts at least a couple of sentences long.

- All threads with "mature" content must be marked with [M] in the title. That said, if it gets too steamy, please either blackscreen, or take to PMs.

- DO NOT do any serious in-game roleplaying in the Chatango! Crack RPs and random mayhem is perfectly fine, as are plot discussions (though there's already a board for that). Whatever happens in the Chatango will not be considered canon to the rest of the RP. There will be monthly activity checks based on what you post ICly on the forums; so even if you've been a social butterfly in the Chatango, if you haven't posted ICly in any thread within a given time period, the mods will get all up in your grill. The Cbox is located by clicking the image of Pocci and Hanatamago.

- Continuing on the Chatango rules, DO NOT roleplay anything too explicit; meaning if it would have an [M] tag on the forums, don't do it on the public Chatango. If somehow you've ended up pinned to a table with your pants off, continue it through PM, IM, or just blackscreen it.

- There aren't many offenses that can get you banned, other than inactivity, god-modding, and continued rude behavior.

- The maxmimum number of characters a player can claim is 2. Players must have a total of 25 posts before applying for a second or third character. Once you've reached that number, you can lay claim to your second character in the Character List.

Last edited by Roisin Gallagher on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

https://mythos-town.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Laws of Mythos Town Empty Re: The Laws of Mythos Town

Post  Roisin Gallagher Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Babysitting Characters Is Not Okay

Unless you have posted a hiatus, you have 7 days as a grace period to post ICly. It's not that we want to be rude, it's that we want to make sure you will be able to keep up with the character. It also causes problems for other players when characters seem to vanish off the face of the earth.

After 7 days, the character's application will be moved to Dropped Applications and will be treated as though it were an abandoned character. To show that you've read all the rules please put the word "Boogie" into your app. The account that had posted the application or, if the player posted as a guest and then made an account, the account that is associated with the character will be deleted.

Also, if you have reserved a character, you have one week to post your finished application. If you don't, the spot will be opened up for someone else to take it. You can ask for an extension if you give a legitimate reason.

Last edited by Roisin Gallagher on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Gallagher Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 pm

This is an AU!

I would like to remind you all at once that this forum is not a straight-from-the-series Hetalia RP. It is an "alternate universe" or AU.

Here, your characters are not countries, they just happen to be the nationalities of the countries they represent in Hetalia. They tend to be incredibly similar to their Hetalia counter-parts, especially in appearance and personality. However because of the altered backgrounds for their lives, their personalities, likes and dislikes can be somewhat altered.

For example: Arthur in Hetalia does not have piercings or tattoos that we are aware of, while in an AU, he may be a complete punk that proudly shows off his body modification. See the difference?

Also, here, you wouldn't call characters by their country names but by their human names. You wouldn't call Toris "Lithuania" or Ivan "Russia" or Peter "Sealand", etc. You see where I'm going with this?

Here, everyone is a normal... well not exactly normal, but singular beings. How you define "normal" is up to you.

I hope that cleared some things up for you all. Enjoy the RP.

Last edited by Roisin Gallagher on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Gallagher Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Thread Tags Are Important

Well, I figured it was time to start a nifty list of thread tags and their meanings. I expect to see these used when appropriate. Thank you.

[M] - Mature content of some sort (I.E. sexual things) Please remember that anything going too far should be taken to PMs
[G] - Gore, specifically... and violence
[F] - Finished thread
[O] - Short for the [Open] tag, which means anyone is free to post in the thread
[charname] - Replace 'charname' with the names of the characters invited to the thread. Try to separate multiple names with the + symbol.
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roisin Gallagher Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 pm

How To Work The Cbox

~This more like a guideline, anyways~

Alright, so I realize that our Chatango isn't very obvious, so I thought I would clear a few things up!

- To open the Cbox, click on the icon of Pocci and Hanatamago (Those two cute little puppies!) located in the upper right corner of every page.

- Either enter a chatango name, or just come on as an anon.

- Come in to chat, plot threads, or ask questions.

- Just remember to stick to the rating and avoid getting to saucy!

I hope this helps clear things up!
Roisin Gallagher
Roisin Gallagher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down